Avoid unnecessary diagnostic markers, and pathology pitfalls with this practical approach to head and neck surgical pathology. Written by experts in the field, this book features practical algorithms and ninety illustrative cases, guiding the reader through neoplastic and non-neoplastic head and neck pathology, with ease. With additional access to the full online version, including expandable images on Cambridge Core, achieve accuracy every time. Master practical challenges of efficiently diagnosing diseases in lesions of the nasopharynx, sinonasal tract, salivary glands, oral cavity lesions and soft tissues of the neck. Confidently provide all aspects of care, in tackling new entities in the field, through to reviewing appropriate ancillary studies. Discover a clinical history, histopathology, differential diagnosis and teaching points with each case, alongside working with state-of-the-art immunohistochemistry and molecular technologies. Equipping the reader to make successful diagnoses, maximise surgery time, and avoid common errors, this invaluable guide supports busy practitioners worldwide.
- Diagnostic pitfalls of each entity are presented to avoid diagnostic mistakes
- Gain full HTML access of the whole book, with expandable figures and resources, via a scratch-off code inside the cover
- Presents ninety illustrative cases with clinical histories, histopathologies, differential diagnosis and teaching points with each case
- A practical approach to the differential diagnosis is illustrated with a focus on diagnostic algorithms
- The current armamentarium of ancillary techniques (immunohistochemistry, molecular biology) required in diagnosis is presented for readers to avoid the use of unnecessary diagnostic markers