Covering all aspects of neuropathology, this updated volume in the Diagnostic Pathology series is an excellent point-of-care resource for pathologists at all levels of experience and training-both as a quick reference and as an efficient review to improve knowledge and skills. The third edition is an easy-to-use, one-stop reference for the most recent clinical, pathological, histological, and molecular knowledge in the field. It offers complete information on lesions of the brain, sellar region, and peripheral nerves, as well as benign cysts and selected infectious, inflammatory, reactive, vascular, and cortical dysplastic lesions, enabling you to arrive at the correct diagnosis and prepare actionable, useful reports.
- Incorporates updates from the 2016 WHO classification of Tumors of the CNS and newly documented developments since that publication, including identification of novel antibodies that can help better classify tumors
- Emphasizes surgical pathology, but also provides significant content on nonneoplastic diseases that present with focal lesions, especially those that are potentially misinterpreted as neoplasms
- Features new and updated chapters detailing several types of tumors that have been reclassified due to recent molecular driver information and cIMPACT-NOW updates; for example, new chapters on pediatric glial and glioneuronal tumors and new diagnostic clarifications on a group of circumscribed tumors that do not automatically deserve WHO Grade IV status
- Contains a detailed molecular diagnostics chapter with a section on methylation profiling, which has become indispensable as a method of tumor classification
- Features nearly 1,700 annotated images throughout, including a wide variety of pathology stains and high-quality medical illustrations
- Includes time-saving features such as a templated, highly formatted design; concise, bulleted text; a variety of test data tables; key facts in each chapter; and an extensive index
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.