Part of the highly regarded Diagnostic Pathology series, this updated volume by Drs. Mahul B. Amin and Satish K. Tickoo is a visually stunning, easy-to-use reference covering all aspects of genitourinary pathology. Outstanding images – including gross pathology, a wide range of stains, and detailed medical illustrations – make this an invaluable diagnostic aid for every practicing pathologist, resident, or fellow. This 2nd Edition incorporates the most recent clinical, pathological, staging, and molecular knowledge in the field to provide a comprehensive overview of all key issues relevant to today’s practice.
- Nearly 200 diagnoses, richly illustrated and extensively annotated, cover diseases of the kidney, prostate, bladder, testis, and penis.
- High-quality, carefully annotated images provide clinically and diagnostically important information, including difficult issues of grading and staging, and diagnostic dilemmas not covered in depth elsewhere.
- Time-saving reference features include bulleted text, a variety of test data tables, key facts in each chapter, annotated images, and an extensive index.
New to this Edition
- State-of-the-art coverage of kidney tumors associated with familial disorders, kidney tumors with papillary architecture, new terminology for precursor and invasive tumors of testicular and penile tumors, new variants in bladder cancer, and grading of inverted lesions of the urinary bladder.
- For each anatomical site, you’ll find CAP Cancer Staging and specimen handling protocols, plus detailed immunohistochemistry panels to accompany the images.
- New molecular knowledge, the latest concepts and nomenclature, incorporation of best practices in immunohistochemistry , and new precision medicine for urologic cancer based on recent data from The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA).
By Mahul B. Amin, MD, Director of Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA, USA and Satish K Tickoo, MD, Attending Pathologist, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York