With its many diagnostic categories, relevant variants, and rare tumors, soft tissue pathology is one of the most challenging areas of surgical pathology. Focusing on the cutaneous soft tissue specimens and reactive mimics most likely to be encountered by pathologists and dermatopathologists, Diagnostic Atlas of Cutaneous Mesenchymal Neoplasia is a superbly illustrated, easy-to-use atlas designed to be used beside the microscope for efficient diagnosis and classification of soft tissue tumors of the skin.
- Features high-quality histologic and clinical images of multiple examples of each tumor, with captions and bulleted text for quick reference.
- Uses a high-yield format that facilitates a rapid and accurate diagnosis, including:
- Characteristic clinical setting
- Key morphologic features
- Immunohistochemical properties
- Molecular diagnostic testing (where applicable)
- Offers the most complete presentation available of this complex family of tumors, authored by renowned experts in dermatopathology.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By J. Eduardo Calonje, MD, DipRCPath, Director of Diagnostic Dermatopathology, Department of Dermato-Histopathology, St John’s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas’ Hospital, London, UK; Alexander J Lazar, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Sections of Dermatopathology and Sarcoma Pathology, Faculty, Sarcoma Research Center and Graduate School of Biomedical Science, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA and Bostjan Luzar, MD, PhD, Consultant Pathologist, Professor of Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia