Comprehensive coverage of both benign and malignant breast lesions in an atlas based on pattern analysis and diagnostic criteria. Clinically oriented discussion reflects changes in the field and adheres to the modern way in which biopsies are interpreted. Individual chapters encompass coverage of FNA cytology, stereotactic core needle biopsy interpretation and radiologic/pathologic correlation.
“I felt this was a useful book, both as an atlas and as a good overview of breast pathology, with a large amount of straightforward, practical information and relevant discussion.”
Dr G Harris, ACP News- Winter 2002
Covers the entire spectrum of common and rare breast pathologies, including normal, inflammatory, benign and malignant tumors, iatrogenic lesions, and more.
Provides extensive coverage of both histopathology and cytopathology.
Encompasses FNA cytology, stereotactic core needle biopsy interpretation, and radiologic/pathologic and cytopathologic/histopathologiccorrelation.
Features more than 595 illustrations, photographs, line drawings, and tables-550 in full colour.
Uses tables and algorithms extensively to guide readers step-by-step through diagnosis and differential diagnosis.
Includes contributions from leading specialists in different areas of pathology.
- Radiologic Techniques and Core Needle Breast Biopsy
- Normal Anatomy and Physiologic Changes
- Inflammatory, Infectious and Other Non-Neoplastic Lesions
- Fibroadenomas, Adenomas, Cystosarcomas, and Hamartomas
- Nipple Adenoma/Subareolar Papillomatosis and Benign Adnexal/Salivary Gland Type Tumors
- Nonproliferative and Benign Proliferative Epithelial Lesions
- Intraductal Papillary Lesions
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia
- Atypical Lobular Hyperplasia, Lobular Carcinoma In Situ, and Infiltrating Lobular Carcinoma
- Infiltrating Carcinoma: Infiltrating Duct Carcinoma Not Otherwise Specified and Prognostic Factors Other Than Histological Type
- Infiltrating Carcinoma: Histological Types Other Than Infiltrating Duct Carcinoma Not Otherwise Speicified
- Stromal and Vascular Tumors
- Iatrogenic Lesions of the Breast
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology